Florida Child Support Enforcement

If you are a parent or caregiver in Florida who needs child support or is owed child support, you can apply for child support from the Florida Department of Revenue Child Support Program.  If you receive public assistance in Florida, however, you may not need to apply.

How to File a Complaint

In order to file a complaint, you should either call customer service to have an application mailed to you or go to your local office to apply.  The local office can be found here:

florida county offices


What the Florida Department of Revenue Child Support Program can do:

In order to enforce a child support order, the Florida Department of Revenue is allowed, under the law, to take any or all of the follwoing actions:

  • Late payment notices
  • Income withholding
  • Driver license suspension
  • Driver license reinstatement
  • Business, professional or recreational license suspension
  • Appointment Notice
  • Federal income tax refund intercept
  • Florida lottery winnings
  • Reemployment Benefits
  • Worker’s compensation
  • Personal property liens
  • Credit reporting
  • Garnishment
  • Circuit Court
  • Passport Denial
  • Collect Medical Expenses Not Covered by Insurance

Contact the Florida Department of Revenue, Child Suport Program

Child Support Enforcement
Florida Department of Revenue
P. O. Box 8030
Tallahassee, FL 32314-8030
Phone: 800-622-5437

Or contact your local office:

florida county offices