Indiana Child Support Enforcement

Indiana offers many services to parents who are seeking child support including enforcement services.  In order to access these services, you must inform the Department of Child Services about who you are, who the children are and who you are seeking support from.

How to File a Complaint

In order to file a complaint, you must first down load and fill out this form and mail it in or bring it to your local child support office.

How to Fill in the Application

Step 1: Download application

Download (PDF, 488KB)

Step 2: On the first page, check the type of service you’re looking for and then sign and date.

Step 3: Enter the following information on Page 2

  • Full name of applicant (last, first and middle initial)
  • Relationship to dependents on this application (e.g. mother, father, other)
  • Date of birth (month, day, year)
  • Gender
  • Race
  • Social Security number
  • Alien Identification number
  • Is English primary language?
  • Interpreter needed?
  • Is special assistance needed?
  • Specify assistance here (i.e. Physical, Hearing Impaired, Other)
  • Address of applicant (number and street, rural route number, apartment, or room number, city, state, and ZIP code)
  • My mailing address
  • Telephone number
  • E-mail address
  • Preferred Method of Contact:
  • Personal E-mail/Work/Other E-mail
  • Mobile telephone number
  • Home telephone number
  • Work telephone number
  • Is there a history of family violence?
  • Was a police report filed?
  • Are you party to an active protective order related to the parties on this application?
  • County of court order
  • State of court order
  • Cause number
  • Date of court order (month, day, year)
  • Covered individuals
  • Are you currently employed?
  • Name of employer
  • Address of employer
  • Military Status
  • Previously received Child Support Services from another state or county for the listed Dependents?
  • County and State where services were previously received.
  • Is there an adoption pending for any child listed on this application?
  • Are you requesting child support services for an unborn child?
  • What is the expected due date? (month, day, year)
  • Are you or any listed Dependents currently receiving Medicaid?
  • Marital status of applicant to other parent

Step 3: Enter the following information on page 3

  • If the applicant is under 18, the guardian of the applicant needs to fill out the first section
  • Enter the following information about each child:
    • Name
    • Date of birth (month, day, year)
    • Place of birth
    • Gender
    • Race
    • Social Security number
    • Does this child receive SSD or SSI benefits?
    • SSD Amount
    • SSI Amount
    • Is the child of this application currently placed in foster care?
    • Was this child born out of wedlock?
    • Has paternity been established for this child?
    • How was paternity established?
    • Name of attorney (first, last, and suffix)
    • Telephone number of attorney
    • Do you have a court ordered support obligation for child(ren) listed on the application?

Step 4: Enter the following information about the other parent on Page 5:

  • Full name of other parent
  • Relationship to Dependents on this application
  • Last known mailing address
  • Last known street address
  • Telephone number (home)
  • Telephone number (work)
  • Telephone number (mobile/other)
  • E-mail address
  • Date of birth (month, day, year)
  • Approximate age range
  • Gender
  • Race
  • Social Security number
  • Alien Identification number
  • Is English primary language?
  • Interpreter needed?
  • Is special assistance needed?
  • Is the other parent currently incarcerated?
  • Physical characteristics
  • Last known employer
  • Telephone number of employer
  • Address of employer
  • Military Status

What DCS Can Do

DCS can take the following actions in the event that child support payments become delinquent:

  • Intercept federal and state income tax refunds, lottery winnings, employer bonus payments and insurance settlements
  • Report unpaid support to a credit bureaus
  • Suspend licenses
  • Locate and withhold bank assets
  • Deny or revoke passports

Contact Departent of Child Services


Phone: (800) 840-8757

Address: Indiana Child Support Bureau Inquiry Unit MS11 402 W. Washington St. Indianapolis, IN 46204