Kansas Child Support Enforcement

Kansas Child Support Enforcement

By Child-Support.com Staff – Last updated

In order to have a child support order enforced in Kansas, a parent or guardian first has to apply for child support services using the following application.

How to File a Complaint

If you are seeking to have a child support order enforced, you must fill out an application, sign it and bring it in to your local child support office.

How to Fill In

Step 1: Download the application

Step 2: On the first page enter the non-custodial parent’s name, your name, your social secuirty number and your date of birth and then sign it.

Step 3: On the second page, enter the following information about yourself:

  • Custodial Parent/Guardian Full Name
  • SSN
  • Your date of birth
  • Sex
  • Mailing address
  • Telephone numbers
  • Name and phone of emergency contact
  • Have you and/or the child/ren received Public Assistance (cash or TANF) in the State of Kansas?
  • Have you received Public Assistance (cash or TANF) in another state?
  • If yes, list all state(s) and dates.
  • What is your relationship to the child/ren

Step 4: Enter the following information about each child for whom you are seeking support:

  • Child’s Full Name
  • Sex
  • SSN
  • Birth Date
  • Noncustodial Parent Name(s)
  • Date of Birth
  • Child’s Birthplace City and State
  • Name of Father listed on Birth Certificate

Step 5: Enter the following information about existing child support orders and processes:

  • Is there a child support or medical order(s) for the child/ren?
  • Name of person who is ordered to provide current or medical support:
  • Court Case Number
  • County
  • State
  • Child
  • If unable to provide a court case number, please provide county, state and date of court order (Month/Year):
  • Have you taken legal action to enforce payment?
  • If yes, type of action
  • Who filed the action?
  • Result of action?
  • Do you have an attorney?
  • Name and address of your attorney?
  • If there is no order already established, do you think the other person will be agreeable to signing a voluntary order?

Step 6: Enter the following information about the non-custodial parent:

  • Noncustodial parent’s name
  • Sex
  • SSN
  • Date of birth
  • Approx age
  • Has the Noncustodial parent ever used a different SSN?
  • Place of birth
  • Current address
  • Last known mailing and physical address
  • Telephone numbers
  • What is the Noncustodial parent’s race?
  • Physical description of Noncustodial parent including
    Height, Weight, Eye color, Hair color
  • Tattoos, scars and other physical traits
  • Name of the Noncustodial Parent’s mother
  • Noncustodial Parent’s father
  • Where does the Noncustodial Parent work
  • Employer address
  • Telephone number
  • Type of business
  • Name of bank where Noncustodial Parent has a checking or savings account
  • Where is the last place you knew the Noncustodial Parent worked?
  • Employer name
  • Address
  • Telephone number
  • Date of employment
  • Is the Noncustodial Parent on Active Duty in the Military?
  • If yes, Branch of Service
  • Rank
  • Years of Service
  • Duty Station/Unit
  • Is the Noncustodial Parent in the National Guard or Reserves? Yes No Unknown Previously
  • Service
  • Rank
  • Date of Service
  • Does the Noncustodial Parent have an attorney?
  • Name and address of attorney
  • Has the Noncustodial Parent ever filed Bankruptcy
  • Does the Noncustodial Parent have a driver’s license?
  • Reason for the Noncustodial Parent’s absence
  • Protection From Abuse Order?
  • Restraining Order?
  • Deceased?
  • Has the Noncustodial Parent ever belonged to a Labor Union or Professional Group?
  • Has the Noncustodial Parent ever been arrested, put on probation, sent to prison or paroled?
  • Has the Noncustodial Parent ever attended a college, university or vocational school?
  • Has the Noncustodial Parent of your child ever provided support for you or your child?
  • When did the Noncustodial Parent provide support
  • Where did you live at the time the Noncustodial Parent provided support?
  • Where did the Noncustodial Parent live at the time support was provided?
  • Has the Noncustodial Parent ever made a promise in writing to support your child?
  • Does the Noncustodial Parent have any other type of income?
  • If the Noncustodial Parent is deceased, do you receive Social Security benefits or other insurance benefits
    for the child?
  • If the Noncustodial Parent receives disability payments from the Social Security Administration, does the child receive Social Security benefits from the Noncustodial Parent’s disability?
  • Does the Noncustodial Parent own property (Examples: car, truck, motorcycle, boat, camper, trailer, house, farm, rental property, land, business, tools, equipment, etc.)?
  • Does the Noncustodial Parent have any other natural or adopted child/ren?
  • Do any children live with non-custodial parent?
  • Is the Noncustodial Parent ordered to pay child support for any other child/ren?
  • List friends and family members the Noncustodial Parent is most likely to keep in touch with
  • Has the Noncustodial Parent ever received Public Assistance?
  • In an emergency, how do you get in touch with the Noncustodial Parent?
  • Who provides medical insurance for the child/ren?
  • What is his or her relationship to the child/ren?
  • Medical Coverage Details
  • Do any of your child/ren listed have special medical needs?
  • List all the medical expenses resulting from the pregnancy and/or the birth of your child/ren that you have actually paid. (Receipts of payments must be provided)
  • How were the medical expenses paid?

Step 7: Enter the following information about your marital status:

  • What is your current marital status?
  • List information about all marriages

Step 8: Enter information about child support received.

Step 9: If you don’t need paternity services, go to page 12 and read the legal rights and duties.  Sign on page 14.

Step 10: Send your signed application with copies of any child support orders or other relevant documentation to your local child support office.

What CSS Can Do

CSS can take a number of different actions to enforce cild support orders including the following:

  • income withholding order
  • passport denial
  • recreational license denial
  • driver’s license restriction
  • Consumer Credit Bureau reporting
  • tax refund intercept
  • contempt

Contact CSS:

You can call 1 (888) 757-2445 or contact your local child support office: