West Virginia Child Support Enforcement

West Virginia Child Support Enforcement

By Child-Support.com Staff – Last updated

In order to enforce child support payments in West Virginia a parent will need to fill out an application providing as much information and background as possible about the non-paying parent and send it to the local office of the Bureau for Child Support Enforcement (BCSE). BCSE may then be able to assist in locating the other parent, even if the other parent is out of state. Once the parent is located, BCSE may be able to institute enforcement mechanisms such as payroll deductions and wage garnishment in order to obtain any arrears owed and make sure that payments are continued to be made as they become due.

How to File a Complaint

In West Virginia, a parent must pay child support in accordance with a child support order as issued by the court, whether the court is in West Virginia or in another state. Child support orders are enforced across state lines by the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act. In order to start the process, a parent who is not receiving funds owed for child support must fill out an application.

How to Fill-in

Step 1Download the form (Adobe PDF).

Download (PDF, 2.28MB)

Step 2: Enter the following information about the caretaker (custodial parent) and the non-custodial parent:

  • Name
  • Address
  • SSN
  • DOB
  • Phone
  • Driver’s License #
  • Sex
  • Relationship to Children
  • Contact Preferenced

Step 3: Enter the following information about each child:

  • Name
  • Birth date
  • Birth place
  • Sex
  • SSN
  • Parents named on birth certificate

Step 4: Enter the following marital information

  • Has either parent ever been married?
  • Date
  • Place of marraige
  • Spouse’s Name:

Step 5: Enter the following information about the non custodial parent

  • Non custodial parent’s employer
  • Address
  • Phone
  • Is the Non custodial parent incarcerated?
  • Unemployed?

Step 6: Enter the following information:

  • Does the child have health insurance?
  • Check if you are receiving WV Works (TANF), Medicaid or SNAP (Food Stamps).
  • Check if there is a support order now in effect. Please provide a copy of your order.
  • Check if there is a court hearing pending on this case.
  • Check if you have safety concerns for you or your child(ren) and need extra security for your address information.
  • Check if you wish to have your case reviewed for closure due to serious safety concerns for you or your child(ren).

Step 7: Read the rights and responsibilities and sign and date and send to your local child support office.

Contact BCSE


Bureau for Child Support Enforcement
Customer Service Unit
350 Capitol Street, Room 147
Charleston, WV 25301-3703