Delaware Child Support Enforcement

Delaware Child Support Enforcement

By Staff – Last updated

If you are a parent seeking to use the Delaware Division of Child Support Enforcement services to enforce a child support order, you first need to provide the DCSE with the requisite information in order for them to begin the process.

How to File a Complaint

In order to file a complaint for child support enforcement in Delaware, the person seeking the enforcement services must first fill out an application and then bring it to their local child support office.

How to Fill in the Application

Step 1Download the application

Step 2 – On the first page, check whether or not there is protection from abuse order and or whether you or the children are at risk and review the documents you may need to include with the application.

Step 3 – On page 3, enter the custodial party information as follows:

  • Name
  • Social Security Number
  • Address
  • Home Phone Number
  • Cell Phone Number
  • Date of Birth
  • Maiden/Previous Name(s)
  • Race
  • Sex
  • Employer
  • Work Phone Number
  • Employer Address
  • Relationship to the non-custodial parent
  • If Married, Date of Marriage
  • State & County Where Married
  • If Party to Civil Union, Date of Civil Union
  • State & County of Civil Union
  • State of last shared address
  • Date and Place of Divorce/Separation/Annulment
  • Court
  • Attorney information
  • County and State in which the court action is pending
  • Do you have a court order for child support already established? If yes, provide the Court, County & State in which the order was established, as well as a copy of the order.
  • Have you ever received Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF-formerly AFDC), State Medical Assistance, or previously applied for Child Support Services? If yes, indicate type of service, County and State

Step 4 – On page 4, enter the following information for each of children:

  • Child’s Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Social Security Number
  • Sex
  • City & State of Conception
  • City & State of Birth
  • Race
  • Relationship to the child
  • Were the parents married to each other or in a civil union at the time of the child’s birth?
  • Identify the parents listed on the child’s birth certificate
  • Was the mother married to anyone at the time of the child’s birth, or within 300 days prior to the child’s birth? If yes, indicate name of husband
  • Date of Marriage/Civil Union
  • Is there a court order that states the husband is not the father of the child?
  • Are the child’s parents divorced?
  • Date of Divorce/Annulment
  • If the parents were not married when the child was born: Has paternity been established for the child by a court order for custody, adoption, visitation, paternity, or child support?
  • Was genetic testing done?
  • Was a “Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity” signed?
  • If paternity has not been established, during the first two years of the child’s life, did any man continuously live with the child and represent the child as his own?
  • Is there an existing child support order for this child?
  • Amount
  • Name of Court

Step 5 – On page 6, enter the following information regarding medical support:

  • Do you or your child(ren) currently receive Medicaid?
  • Do you have insurance available that covers the child(ren) for whom you are applying
  • Health Insurance Company
  • Address of Health Insurance Company
  • Policy #
  • Health Insurance Cost $ /Monthly Person(s) Covered
  • Dental Insurance Company:
  • Address of Dental Insurance Company
  • Policy #
  • Dental Insurance Cost $ /Monthly Person(s) Covered

Step 6 – On page 7, enter the following information for the non- custodial parent:

  • Name
  • Social Security Number
  • Address
  • Home Phone Number
  • Cell Phone Number
  • Date of Birth
  • City/State of Birth
  • Previous/Alias Name(s)
  • Race
  • Sex
  • Hair Color
  • Height
  • Weight
  • Employer
  • Employer Phone Number
  • Employer Address
  • Military service?
  • Branch: Army Navy Air Force Marines Coast Guard
  • Has the non-custodial parent ever been in prison?
  • Date(s) of incarceration
  • Name of Prison
  • Address
  • Does the non-custodial parent receive a pension, disability benefits, social security, or have any other source of income
  • Source
  • Amount
  • Does the non-custodial parent provide insurance for the child(ren)?
  • Name of Health Insurance Company
  • Address of Insurance Company:
  • Policy Number
  • Name of Dental Insurance Company
  • Address of Insurance Company
  • Policy Number

Step 7 –  If there is an existing order, enter the following information on page 8:

  • Custodial Parent
  • Non-Custodial Parent
  • List any agency that has collected child support payments on behalf of your child(ren)
  • Address
  • Phone Number(s)
  • Has the NCP ever made support payments directly to you?
  • List only those payments paid directly. Do not list payments received by an agency and forwarded to you according to the terms of the order.
  • Fill out the chart of payments received
  • Sign the document in front of a notary public

Step 8: Submit the completed and notarized application to your local office.

Visit the DCSS contact page to find the office nearest you.

In New Castle County, applications should be mailed to: P.O. Box 15012, Wilmington, DE 19850.

What DCSE can do:

DCSE can take any or all of the following actions to enforce a child support order depending on the circumstances:

  • Consumer Reporting
  • Court Processing
  • Federal Case Registry
  • Income Withholding Orders
  • License Suspension
  • Lottery Intercept
  • Passport Denial
  • Tax Intercept
  • Unemployment Compensation
For more information, contact the Delaware DCSS.