Illinois Child Support Enforcement

In Illinois, if you are having trouble collecting your owed child support payments, you may be able to obtain assistance from Illinois Child Support Services.

How to File a Complaint

In order to obtain enforcement of your child support services, you have to fill out an application and mail it to your local child support office. You can get the application either by calling 1-800-447-4278 or as follows:

Step 1: Go to this website.

illinois application page

Step 2: On the right side, click on “application”

Step 3: You will be brought to this website:

application illinois

Step 4: Scroll down and select the Illinois county in which you live and then click on the application link which will allow you to download a fillable application. Below is the application for Cook County.

Step 5: On the first page fill in the following information about yourself:

  • DATE
  • NAME
  • SEX
  • SSN

Step 6: Skip down and continue entering your information:

  • Full Name
  • Home Address
  • Relationship to Child
  • Date of Birth
  • Age
  • SSN
  • Race
  • Home Telephone #
  • Work Telephone #
  • Cell Telephone #
  • Email Address
  • Time of day and number to call
  • IV-D#

Step 7:  On the second page enter the following information about the other parent:

  • Full Name
  • Home Address
  • Relationship to Child
  • Date of Birth and/or Age
  • SSN
  • Race
  • Home Telephone #
  • Work Telephone #
  • Cell Telephone #
  • Email Address
  • Name of Employer or Source of Income
  • Employer Address
  • Is the other parent of the child in the military?
  • Which branch of service? (Send a copy of military insurance card, if available)
  • Make and Model of Car
  • License Plate #
  • Other Parent’s Relatives
  • Does the other parent have additional children with someone else?
  • If you know the other children’s names, list them here

Step 8: Enter the folloing information about each child:

  • Full Name
  • Sex
  • Date of Birth
  • Place of Birth
  • SSN
  • Race

Step 9: On the third page, enter the following information:

  • Are/were you married to the other parent of the child?
  • Are you and the other parent of the child divorced
  • State and County of Divorce Order
  • Docket Number
  • If you already have a child support order for the child, it is important that you send us a copy of the order with this
    application, if available.
  • Order or Docket #
  • Where was order entered?
  • When did the order start? (month/year):

Step 10: Sign and date the application and send it back to the address listed on the first page (this will be to the office in the county you chose when you downloaded the application).

What Child Support Services Can Do:

Child Support Services can take a number of actions to enforce a child support order including the following:

  • Credit report reporting
  • Use private collection agencies
  • Impose a lien on property or accounts
  • License suspension
  • Request a denial or suspension of U.S. passport
  • Intercept state and federal tax refund payments
  • Request state or federal criminal prosecution for non-payment in certain circumstances

Contact Child Support Services:

The regional service sites are located here:

illinois regional offices